AnsweredAssumed Answered

Calculation fails only in certain records and Go to Layout enters Find Mode issue

Question asked by mefxn on Apr 12, 2019

I've changed a calculation for the Primary Key such that there's a "fiscal year" and year base on the date the record is created and then a serial number, i.e. PHO-F##-@@@@-$$$$ where PHO-F is constant text, ## is the calculated fiscal, @ is current year and $ is a serial (reset every time Fiscal is renewed)

Screen Shot 2019-04-12 at 1.15.09 PM.png

...however this script doesn't work on a certain record that was previously entered - calculation fails on first 6 of 197 records. Changing the date format and re-entering date does not help, I've also set indexing to none and unchecked "Do not replace existing value of field".

Since the Fiscal is the last two digit of the next year and goes from April 1 current year to March 31 of the next (I know technically I can get rid of the Day (Requisition Date) criterion):

Case (

Month ( Requisition Date ) ≥ 4 and Day ( Requisition Date ) ≥ 1 ; Right ( Year ( Requisition Date ) ; 2 )+1 ;
Month ( Requisition Date ) ≥ 1 and Month ( Requisition Date ) < 4 and Day ( Requisition Date ) ≥ 1 ; Right ( Year ( Requisition Date ) ; 2 ) )

Screen Shot 2019-04-12 at 1.14.59 PM.png

I believe this is the cause for my other script to pause and enter Find mode (even with just the first step) - the script is simply:

1) go to Layout

2) go to last record

3) show all record (so user can browse through past records)

Outcomes